computors

podlod 08:14 19 Aug 05

Hi again, Could someone tell me if there is a website I can go to, to learn all about PC`s and how to repair, change drives, etc; I know its a tall order but I feel so lost when all the experts start giving me info.Explainations and diagrams would be perfect, but I am not holding out much hope!I have learnt a fair amount while on PCAdvisor from all of you and think the site is invaluable to me, Thanks again.

Satmansq 08:29 19 Aug 05

This site looks helpful click here Most components come with instructions which should be read first, rather than my approach, install hardware and then read info to find out why it doesnt work. A practice I have since stopped.

Jackcoms 08:33 19 Aug 05

"Could someone tell me if there is a website I can go to, to learn all about PC`s"

Err, you're already at one of the better sites.

palinka 10:41 19 Aug 05

Podlod, as Jackcoms says.....!
Seriously: reading PC Advisor; browsing this Forum; will help a lot.
If the advice in the Forum is a bit technical or uses jargon you don't understand then say so and someone will explain in plain English.
I've often found that the help I needed has come from putting together several different postings.

Best to start a new subject for each of the things you want to do, when you want to do them.

BH34 10:49 19 Aug 05

Have a look at this to podlod click here

podlod 16:46 20 Aug 05

As usual you have come up trumps, I am well pleased with the info you have given me and I SHALL BE BACK someone most famously said? Thanks again, Bryan

Stuartli 16:49 20 Aug 05

I think BH34's suggestion is exactly what podlod had in mind.

woodchip 16:57 20 Aug 05
  Diemmess 17:40 20 Aug 05

"I shall be back!"

[U.S. General Douglas McArthur on leaving the Phillipines 1942.]

podlod 18:02 20 Aug 05

No Diemmess, Governor of California!!!!!

Diemmess 19:55 20 Aug 05

Maybe McArthur said "I shall return"..? ;-))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…