Computers laggy in task manager it says wmplayer..

ShorN 17:03 29 Apr 03

Under my 'processes' in the Task Player it says wmplayer.exe cpu reading is 98-99, where mostly everything else is 00, im assuming this means its running but its not under applications tag? And i certainly havent got it running!

This is making my pc really laggy, also ive tried deleting a movie sample that I downloaded and it wont let me cos it says the file is maybe in use?

Can anyone help with how I can shut the wmplayer down???

AndySD 17:10 29 Apr 03

Try Booting into Safe mode and delete the movie sample from there.

1.Start the computer. The computer begins processing a set of instructions known as the Basic Input/Output System (BIOS). What is displayed depends on the BIOS manufacturer. Some computers display a progress bar that refers to the word BIOS, while others may not display any indication that this process is happening.

2. As soon as the BIOS has finished loading, begin tapping the F8 key on your keyboard. Continue to do so until the Windows Advanced Options menu appears.

NOTE: If you begin tapping the F8 key too soon, some computers will generate a "keyboard error" message. Please restart and try again.

3. Using the arrow keys on the keyboard, scroll to and select the Safe mode menu item, and then press Enter.

It may bethat Media player is stuck in a loop with this file.

If it doesnt sort it post back.

ShorN 17:15 29 Apr 03

I had thought of this route but im actually downloading a big file at the moment and dont want to stop it so i was wonder ing if there was another way to stop it?

Big Elf 17:18 29 Apr 03

Are you downloading a media file? If so that possibly explains why it's in use.

ShorN 17:51 29 Apr 03

i Actuallty just did 'end process' in task manager and it gave me a warning but i ended it anyway, i was able to delete the file and its fine now thanks for the help guys!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…