computers in code

parkz67 22:26 06 Nov 04

please help
i'm running xp and for some reason when i reboot my computer it came up in phoenix bios and the only way to get out of it was to press'do not save changes'and then it goes straight to your desktop but everything is in code. i have tried system restore to no avail because it won't let me restore because it reboots back into phoenix bios. i have run spybot and adaware who say everything clear. norton is running ok. last night adaware said it was corrupt and it wouldn't let me use it anymore. could anyone help me on this matter i'm at my wits end and the computer is getting closer to the window

Giggle n' Bits 22:55 06 Nov 04

Do you mean under windows the white text on Black screen is all gobbly gouch strange charicters ?

If it is, I suspect your motherboard is faulty.

parkz67 00:36 07 Nov 04

i had alook at the command prompt and thats all ok.if you leave the comp on the desktop icons start changing from code to english after so many hours.
But most things that have my system info are in code and also if i type a password instead of black circles i get black outlined squares
ps thanx for answering

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…