Computer workdesks.

YinHoNg 13:23 04 Sep 04

I'm looking to purchase one for my room. I've got a 19" crt monitor,6.1 speakers tower. no scanner, prniter etc.
Any good shops to look at?

My budget is £100

Djohn 13:25 04 Sep 04

PC World and Staples have plenty in that price range. Pop in the shop today and walk out with one straight away.

PS: Don't forget to pay for it! ;o)

JYPX 13:55 04 Sep 04

YinHoNg - I agree with those 2 options. I bought a Bulldog desk from Staples a couple of years ago. It has a substantial steel frame and seems ok with lots of weight, (you have quite a heavy monitor there). Also the slide-out keyboard tray seems very solid - that is often a design weakness with that type of desk. However with your budget you will have no problems.

YinHoNg 22:33 05 Sep 04

ok. Anybody rate argos?

The thing i dont like about these newer desks is that they have the stand for the monitor at a degree. i.e you have to look sideways to see the monitor. I want the monitor right in front of me.

and i also want space in front of me so i have an area to do written work also.

Danoh 23:28 05 Sep 04

Would you consider second hand office workstations? If you have the space for them as they tend to be quite large. But they can be very reasonably priced.

crocodile36 23:36 05 Sep 04

I recently looked at desks with a glass top, the monitor being mounted on rails underneath the work surface. They seemed to give a good working space, and the rails would have fitted my 19" CRT - I measured it! My monitor is a LG Flatron 915FT, by the way.

I don't know the maker(s). The desks were on sale at PC Parts, Stockport.

JYPX 23:39 05 Sep 04

Well the layout is your personal choice but your desk really needs to be solid if you are putting a 19" CRT on it, so you need to see it "built" - a picture is not enough! Not sure that Argos would have a range of desks out on display would they?

AndySD 23:50 05 Sep 04

As Danoh says look for second hand office furniture stores in your area. You can get excelent furniture at very good prices.

YinHoNg 22:05 06 Sep 04

i looked in pc world today and i found a nice one for £99.
It weighed 52kg and i asked for it to be delivered but they said that they dont do deliveries for over 30kg?!?!?!

gonna look in staples tomorrow.

unfortunately, i dont know where any second hand office furniture stores are over here. I asked some ppl but they didnt know. prob dont have any.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…