computer won't start

BIGXXH 20:46 PM 30 Mar 11

Hi All
The problem i have is that i turned computer off a week ago as i had another one that i wanted to try out,went back to the original computer set it all back up and all i get now is a constant beep and nothing on the moniter any idea what the problem could be.

Jameslayer 20:57 PM 30 Mar 11

If you have moved it its possiblethat you have nocked something loose. I would check all the wires are plugged in.And if that fails check all your cards are seated properly.

Strawballs 21:02 PM 30 Mar 11

Do you have onboard and a graphics card if so check that the monitor is pluged into the card, I have known people do this as the card will often disable the onboard automatically.

BIGXXH 21:30 PM 30 Mar 11

Thanks for the quick reply tried your sugestions but nothing still blank and still three annoying beeps any other sugestions.

ronalddonald 21:33 PM 30 Mar 11

you have grounded yourself and looked inside for all the cables the ram.

BIGXXH 21:39 PM 30 Mar 11

Yes i have looked inside can't see any thing amiss what would the ram have to do with the problem, i could learn something here.

ronalddonald 21:52 PM 30 Mar 11

If ram cards are loose and not seated properly, could cause beeping.

The Power supply unit couldn't of died could it ? and the power cables you didn't mix them up from one computer to the other by chance

ronalddonald 21:53 PM 30 Mar 11

power cables are suited the power supply unit different voltages.

Jameslayer 22:03 PM 30 Mar 11

Oh I just presumed that all power cables were the same. Hmmm wondering if I should check.

wee eddie 10:45 AM 31 Mar 11

They will be in a regular pattern. I hope that these will give you some idea.

click here
click here

BIGXXH 13:18 PM 31 Mar 11

Thanks to all who gave there advice but it seems like the motherboard has gone as all the memory modules are working in another machine.

Thanks Again BIGXXH

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11