Computer wont play DVD Films and GAMES

Cameraman 15:26 29 Dec 06

My computer is 3.2mhz D Processor - Asus motherboard P5WD2 –E-Premium 2 GB DDR2 RAM – NVIDI GRAPHICS G Force 6600 GT Installed Windows XP –Real Player Power DVD software All functions are fine (used mainly for work in PhotoShop) But it wont play DVD Films or a Deal or no Deal Game I had for Christmas But the “Far Cry” Game supplied with the Graphics card does play after it does an automatic configuration but this has no effect of other DVD’s I have downloaded and installed the latest drivers when these wont start a message and advice sent back by Microsoft suggest I reduce screen settings and number of colours might help but they make no difference Hope you can help I have run out of options Please

john-232317 15:39 29 Dec 06

Download these codecs click here

Cameraman 16:40 29 Dec 06

Many thanks dadyassa - I downloaded file - K-Lite CodecPack 2.81 full and now DVD films run OK
but not the Game I also downloaded AVS DVD Player but it loads the disc up to 96% and keeps on and on and getting no further than 96% as the site has so many downloads can you recommend the best for my perpose -many thanks again

Cameraman 16:45 29 Dec 06

Sorry---- I have now got Films and Games running OK Many thanks again

john-232317 22:59 29 Dec 06

Good one,now tick the box ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017