computer wont load win 98 after scandisk

nobbyhigo 16:35 09 Nov 03

a bit of help required please i moved my computer to another room and now it wont boot up i get the first screen with memory testing, main proceesor and delete for escape at the bottom of the screen then the second screen that shows PCI device listings and control&R for recovery genius it then runs scandisk and detects an invalid long file entry on this drive but was unable to fix it. I click ok it then runs scandisk to 85% showing it is searching for crosslinked files it then finishes 100%. Windows flashes on screen then a curser appears top left of screen and monitor goes blank everything appears to freeze I have little idea what to do next WINDOWS 98SE
regards NOBBY (wrinkly)

bof:) 16:42 09 Nov 03

Hi nobbyhigo,

have you tried running scan disk in 'Safe mode'? You get into safe mode on my pc by pressing the F8 button as soon as you get past the memory check and keep pressing it until you get a list appear. One of the choices is Safe mode.

click on this and run scandisk from there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…