Computer won't load back up after stand by.

YinHoNg 20:10 07 Sep 06

Title says it all.

I'm running windows xp pro, AMD Athlon 3200, 1GB RAM, ATI Radeon X800.

OK, so I go into standby and everything is ok. My stand by is slight different from normal stand bys - I have an ACPI option which suspends to RAM. So the power goes off on stand by, and everything is dead quiet.

But when i push the power button again to resume from stand by, all i get is a blank, black screen.

The computer itself has the power light on, and the hard drive light is also blinking slightly and the CPU sounds as if its doing SOMETHING. But nothing comes up on screen!

I've updated all my drivers (including my graphics one) and I've tried various solutoins that i've found on google but to no avail.

Please help me.

I hate windows.

STREETWORK 20:17 07 Sep 06

Try this site to resolve the issue, which is a known one...

click here

YinHoNg 20:35 07 Sep 06

sorry to sound dumb but which one should i look for?

skell 21:31 07 Sep 06

<<<But when i push the power button again to resume from stand by, all i get is a blank, black screen.>>>

I know this may sound silly but, has the monitor swithced off whilst in standby?

STREETWORK 21:33 07 Sep 06

Go for the one that best describes your problem.

Are you using wireless keyboard and mouse by chance?

YinHoNg 10:30 08 Sep 06

I am using a wireless mouse and a usb keyboard....

terryf 11:06 08 Sep 06

For the future don't use standby, what are you going to do with all the seconds you save, I gave up on standby and hibernate a long time ago because of the problems I met from time to time and now the PC is either on or off, my screen is set to blank if I dont use it Control Panel>display>screen saver>power>turn off monitor

YinHoNg 17:57 08 Sep 06

That's an obvious solution but I like stand by since it allows me to have instant power up...

STREETWORK 18:39 08 Sep 06

Using a wireless keyboard and mouse can cause problems if you hibrinate the PC

YinHoNg 19:46 08 Sep 06

Its not hibernate... its just stand by.

woodchip 20:06 08 Sep 06

You need to go into Control Panel, Power Icon Put Hard Drive to (Never) turn off

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced