Computer won't find modem?

leevis 09:43 16 Jan 04

I have just installed windows 98 on my computer and now when I try install the modem the computer can't seem to find it in port 1 or 2. Any ideas?

AubreyS 10:09 16 Jan 04

Try going into device manager and do a scan for hardware changes.

Rand Al Thor 10:18 16 Jan 04

Whilst you are in device manager, have a look to see if there is a yellow exclamation mark agins the modem. It could be ther is a conflict. It may be that the modem is tring to use the same interrupt as, say your mouse.

leevis 11:30 16 Jan 04

There is a yellow exclamation mark next to the modem. Any ideas how to solve it?. I've tried installing the driver again for the modem like it asks but it still dosent work.

MichelleC 11:45 16 Jan 04

Do you navigate to modem disc for reinstalling driver? If it's still sticky then clean uninstall, reboot, then reinstall.

Tog 12:37 16 Jan 04

This is an external modem, isn't it?

Chegs ® 13:10 16 Jan 04

I used to have a Conexant modem,that steadfastly refused to load its driver correctly.I eventually copied the driver folder into C:/Windows then device manager to navigate back to it,this worked on my 98se,and again for XP (before I went adsl)

billyliv 14:40 16 Jan 04

Hi, Just a possibility, Your drivers may be in a Zipped folder and may be needing unzipped. Cheers, Bill

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…