computer won't boot up

Peter56 13:06 01 Mar 09

deleted some programmes using windows add/remove programme and tryed to reboot but get a message 'NTLDR is missing press ctr+alt+del to restart' windows will not boot up any idea's what i can do to get my computer up and working

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:13 01 Mar 09

NTLDR Missing click here

If you have FAT32 partitions, it is much simpler than with NTFS. Just boot with a Win98 floppy and copy the NTLDR or NTDETECT.COM files from the i386 directory to the root of the C:\ drive.

For NTFS:
Insert and boot from your Windows XP CD. At the first R=Repair option, press the R key Press the number that corresponds to the correct location for the installation of Windows you want to repair. Typically this will be #1 Enter in the administrator password when requested Enter in the following commands (X: is replaced by the actual drive letter that is assigned to the CD ROM drive) COPY X:\i386\NTLDR C\: COPY X:\i386\NTDETECT.COM C:\ Take out the CD ROM and type exit

mocha 13:19 01 Mar 09

Hi Peter56,

For info on NTLDR is missing click here

Try copying over the files for your OS as suggested in the listings, you may of inadverantly deleted them.

mocha 13:21 01 Mar 09

OOP's slow typing Fruit Bat /\0/\ beat me to it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…