Computer will not install windows - Hard Drive error

Luca M 13 May 12

Hi All,

Have acquired a HP Pavilion s3652uk from a friend. They have told me that the error occurred after a shut down after some windows updates (windows vista).

The computer now fails to boot from the original hard drive, with the error :

'Disk boot failure, please insert system disk and press enter'

I have tried to boot from a windows vista or 7 install disc to re-install the OS however it fails to recognise the HD. I have tried a new HD and while it is recognised, it will not install, with the error code 0x8007045d.

It will boot to a linux live cd/usb just fine however trying to install linux also throws up a read write error on the HD's.

Any ideas? Any help would be appreciated.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13 May 12

check sata drive settings in BIOS see if set to ahci.

buteman 13 May 12

Have you set it to run With CD as first choice in the Bios.

Zeppelyn 14 May 12

This is a disk read/write error, most probable cause is a bad hard disk. Use the manufacurers diagnostic to check it or format from Windows setup if possible and run chkdsk /f /r.

Make sure all connections are good.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

How to set up Apple Music & make sure you don't get charged: Get Apple Music for free

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message