computer virus please help

superspark 22:21 12 Apr 05

Can anyone please advise what I should do?
I ran Avast after my wife had left a floppy disc in the drive and when I swiched on a warning came up about disc being wrong boot type. I then ran avast and it found virus.
Warning was ...
File Name Diskc: Boot Record
Malware name: Form
Malware type: Virus/Worm

Problem is when I attempt to delete it, it cannot delete.
I have swithed off System Restore but still will not delete.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

stalion 22:24 12 Apr 05

try a scan with a2 in safe mode
click here

superspark 23:15 12 Apr 05

bump

Number 7 23:35 12 Apr 05

Have you scanned the floppy disk with Avast?

gudgulf 23:41 12 Apr 05

If you mean you tried booting the system with the floppy disc in the drive and got the "invalid system disc" messsage then this is normal.There are bootable floppy discs around and your system will check for them......if you have a normal,non-bootable floppy in the A drive then it will give you that error message.Make sure there is no disc in the drive and reboot.Then scan with your av again.You could also try an online scan at Trend Micro click here just in case

Post the results here.

Jak_1 01:14 13 Apr 05

First things first:

Booting up with a floppy in drive A will result in an error unless it is a boot floppy. Unless you intend to boot from a floppy make sure drive A is empty.

What OS are you using? If it is Win XP or Win Me and your AV is up to date but not clearing a virus then try dissabling System restore and then bootup in safe mode and then run your AV. Then boot in normal mode.

Also AdaWare, Spybot and other antispyware progams may also help.

Hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…