Computer unresponsive

nobby123 11:07 13 Aug 08

Basically I turn on the computer runs through post screen then hangs whilst hd light is active as if being accessed, both dvd drives light on and off in turn, but nothing else happens and eventually have to reboot.Have been able to access bios setup and have restored default incase anything had been changed, dvd set as first boot followed by hd.
Placed Vista OS disc in dvd drive and booted up, gets as far as loading windows files and then goes back to post screen(sometimes)or screen goes off no signal and hd light comes on and also dvd drives light up as if being accessed. Do not know if it is a problem with HD or graphics card, or even something else.
Any help appreciated.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:24 13 Aug 08

"hangs whilst hd light is active as if being accessed

Placed Vista OS disc in dvd drive and booted up, gets as far as loading windows files and then goes back to post screen"

sounds as if it is having problems accessing the hard drive.

If you know the hard drive type y0u can download tools from the manufacturers site burn to CD and run in your faulty machine.

nobby123 11:35 13 Aug 08

Thanks I know it is a Samsung so will have a look on the web site. Do you know if the files could be run from a penstick or does it need to be cd.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:39 13 Aug 08

CD easier as most Mfs allow you to download a boot able iso file to burn to CD and pc can then boot from that CD to run the tools.

nobby123 21:05 13 Aug 08

unfortunately this has not worked, tried to boot from hdd utility on cd now nothing happens apart from hdd access light on and also the two dvd drives flashing intermittently on and off, no post screen.Have also tried booting with winternals cd but alas still nothing.
I'm thinking of buying new hdd and trying this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…