computer unable to install the last 5 updates from

My computer has become very slugish and the trouble seems to of began when an update from microsoft refused to install itself on the computer and now I have 5 updates that will not install onto the computer and the go back facility will not funtion.I Have checked for viruses and worms with Nortans Virus scan and the register is sorted by using the reg cure software.
The computer starts erratically (Usually Slugish ) ,then after about an hour it starts to speed up to normal speed after running the reg.cure software and a time lapse of an hour.
Any ideas anybody,
Perplexed.

bluto1 23:52 15 May 07

Describe your computer and OS to give an idea of what to go on. CPU, RAM, HDD etc.

bluto1 23:57 15 May 07

I`m off to bed now, see yo lunchtime tomorrow.

birdface 05:44 16 May 07

Hi,If you have your computer set for automatic downloads from Microsoft,Delete it,Re-boot computer and try and run up-dates manually.

Pamy 10:26 16 May 07

Hi the last five updates I recieved were for Office. As I have taken office off then the updates fail. Do you have office

Yes I Have been on the microsoft website and received an error 80070643.
I have removed the automatic update facility following microsoft instructions then they say try down loading the updates manually.
So far I cant navigate their website to the updates required to download them.
that is
KB934180 Office 2003
KB934181 Word 2003
KB933666 Excel 2003
KB933669 Power Point 2003
KB93708 Junk Mail Filter

Sorry the junk mail update should be KB934708

try downloading from here instead if not already tried
click here

I had been on this part of the website before but no joy as the update numbers do not tally with the numbers that was on the automated downloads.I have called for Microsoft assistance and left my e mail with them so see what happens next 24 Hrs.
There is still the problem of erratic computer performance.where the computer will decide to just hang still for about 5 to 10 mts then spring to life again.
Motherborad is K7VT4APro
Processor is AMD Athlon XP 1.67 G/Hz
Internal Hard Drive Maxtor 122.94 GB
External Hard drive Freecom 320 GB
RAM in one slot is 512 MB (Original)
2nd Ram is 1024 MB ,which I fitted some months back, perhaps this is the problem causing the temporary freezing or slugishness then it will sudenly spring back to life.
Any ideas of cause will be welcomed
T

Pamy 16:16 16 May 07

I know you may well feel that the two problems are related, but I would suggest that you deal with the first one only for now. Do you have problems downloading and installing progs.etc. fom anywhere else?

I have downloaded other files using my download manager Getright and no problem at all it has been just this latest batch of upgrades from MIcrsoft under the automated downloading and installing system.which is now at present turned off.
I have tried to navigate on Microsoft Website the upgrades that tally with these numbers but I cant find them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced