Computer time & date invalid

Seth Haniel 08:45 17 Aug 07

when I tried to install 'windows defender' it came up with the message it had 'expired' and when the latest version arrived it too had expired when I tried to install it - the tray clock shows the correct date and time -
I have just purchased the RegistryBooster program and on running it it came up with 'time & date invalid' though when it makes a backup it has todays date & time on - so where is the hidden setting that these programs are getting the wrong date/ time from and can it be fixed

XP Home SP2 - AVG / Spybot / Adaware have found nothing
Siemens Scaleo L 2600 PC

any ideas ??

open control panel click on date & time check you are on greenwich time check all the folders in that section for ticks in the wrong places

Seth Haniel 10:10 17 Aug 07

already done that and setting all correct there - but it seems as though there is some hidden setting somewhere else with another date & time in

Andy1991 10:13 17 Aug 07

Try taking out ur CMOS Battery for about 5 mins then put it back in. Consolt ur motherbord manual first for doing this.

some years ago I tried to communicate with a chinese connection but all the email were in chinese which I had problems translating So I added in the language
This gave me a problem with date eventually I had to delete the language and other bits & pieces I also had to take out the date & time despite using Restore back to where I was normal
So I adopted a date & time different to greenwich after a restart I returned to Greenwich My problems was cleared The lesson i found was by simply unticking the various boxes doina restart then putting the boxes back to original the problem never re-appeared I hope thsis may help but it could be the cmos as suggested by Andy

Seth Haniel 12:42 18 Aug 07

;)

martjc 13:22 18 Aug 07

...checked the time & date (!) seemed ok but then took some advice from MS. Checked again - time was ok, date was ok, month was ok, but the YEAR was wrong. Once changed it was fine!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…