Computer thinks it's found new hardware

Creditman 14:29 23 Dec 06

After reinstalling my printer recently to get rid of an annoying message, each time I log-on a message pops up saying new hardware has been found & then the wizard asks me to insert the printer software disc. Since my printer is working perfectly well, how can I stop this message appearing ? Many thanks & Happy Christmas to everyone !

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:47 23 Dec 06

GO into devie manager

GO to view

SELECT show hidden devices

Click the plus sign next to printers....

Is there an exlamation mark? if so select properties check and see what it says
Try selecting disable from the properties of it or select uninstall and see if the printer still works.

Creditman 15:55 02 Jan 07

Fruit Bat /\0\ - Thanks. There was a yellow highlighted question mark by the phantom printer so I uninstalled it. Printer still works but I still receive "new hardware" messages !

Jackcoms 15:57 02 Jan 07

"Since my printer is working perfectly well, how can I stop this message appearing ?"

Why not insert the printer software disc, as requested?

Creditman 18:12 06 Jan 07

Jackcoms - Why not indeed ! After much hesitation I inserted the disc, the software was loaded onto the phantom printer & the phantom seems to have disappeared ! Many thanks

Snec 18:38 06 Jan 07

lol........ indeed

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…