Computer takes time to boot up

Eddd 15:07 26 Jul 10

Have recently changed MoBo to a Foxconn M61PMV
I had this problem before and thought maybe by changing the MoBo would sort it out but it hasn't.
What happens is when I turn the pc on there is a lot of activity with the 2 dvd-rw drives as if the bios is searching for something.
After anything from a minute to 5 minutes the pc then boots into win 7 professional and runs ok.
This originally started when I changed my graphics card to a 1gb series 5700 HD one by sapphire.
All my software is up to date and I am using kapersaky internet security 2010 and windows default firewall, plus my router has a firewall built in as well.
The dvd drives are set as master and slave on an IDE cable. I have installed an 800 watt psu and have 4gb ram, also my cpu is an amd Athlon 64 x2 6000+ running at 3ghz. Can anyone shed any light on this?
I have just ordered a new sata dvd -rw drive which should be here tomorrow, thinking that maybe it the ide drives that may be on their way out,both my hard drives are sata, but not raid configured as I want to keep them as seperate drives. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:25 26 Jul 10

Tried booting with DVD drives disconnected?

Is BIOS set with DVD drives as first boot device?

Eddd 19:15 26 Jul 10

Have tried booting with dvd drives unplugged both from psu and ide socket on MoBo.
Instead of getting the whirring of the dvd drives going on, I just got silence and then the pc booted, but not straight away, it took about the same time as when the dvd drives were connected.
I have tried connecting to the psu with a different cable and still no difference.

Eddd 19:16 26 Jul 10

Also have tried turning off all but hard drive in bios settings

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…