Computer switchess off when upright!

Narendra 17:19 PM 10 Jul 11

Hello, My computer has ASROCK Motherboard - N68C-S UCC with integrated graphics Whenever I have the case horizontal everything works fine, however, when I bring the case upright the computer stops working. Please advise How Do I rectify this! Thank you. Narendra.

Narendra 17:38 PM 10 Jul 11

I have done that. Checked and rechecked. Thought fan connector is loose so removed the connection from the motherboard and reconnected it! The integrated graphics connector, I have checked again and again. Can not find any fault there. Also checked the motherboard screws if they are loose. No joy. All the connectors inside are tight.

Narendra 21:18 PM 10 Jul 11

The computer shuts down completely but there is green light on the front panel.. The fan has its own covering attached to the right side panel. When I fit in the right panel, it covers the fan. I have run the computer without the right side panel, but switches off when its upright, I need to remove front panel (cover), don't know how to? To see if there is anything that short circuits. Or it could be the faulty PSU. How can I check the fault?

Narendra 17:12 PM 11 Jul 11

Tilt it up about 6 inches and it switches off! But it runs ok when it is upside down, bottoms up! no problem there. It could be a faulty power supply, loose connections with. May be the CPU heating up when turned upright. It can be anything! No visible loose connections.

Narendra 17:41 PM 11 Jul 11

Yes, I can do that. And I am calling from that computer. Its horizontal.

I tried to disconnect it from the motherboard earlier, found it tightly locked. Please advise me once more, I have done that before but this time its difficult. Do I snatch it or press some lever there? And does it have to be a SATA PSU? THank you.

Narendra 19:42 PM 11 Jul 11

Thank you very much for your replies. I will do that. Regards. Narendra.

Narendra 19:36 PM 12 Jul 11

Replaced the power supply with another one, needed 2 molex to sata connectors. And the computer has not switched off for last 10 hours! Thanks to all. Narendra.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know