Computer is still freezing

Ahiru 02:25 12 Sep 06

Ok first see this thread click here

I thought I had the problem solved by doing a system restore but I installed and started playing need for speed underground 2 today (a game that I've never had any problems with) and once again my computer started freezing on me. I have no idea what is wrong. I've emailed the company I bought my graphics card off and they want $50 just to take a look!

STREETWORK 06:54 12 Sep 06

When games freeze it is more than possible that it is linked to hardware conflicts, such as the sound needs to play during the game but the graphics wont let it for some reason or another.

Go to the Sound card and Graphics card websites and download and install the latest drivers for each. To ensure that you have the latest drivers installed it is easily checked in the properties of each from Device Manager.

Still freezing, get out the duster and give the inside of the PC a good cleaning paying attention to fans, vents and cooling vanes, for if these are dusty it can cause heat problems.

Still freezing, open the case and remove the cards then reseat them again.

Still freezing, roll back each driver in turn and check again.

Still freezing, post back here...

xania 08:56 12 Sep 06

Also - have you installed any new software or hardware recently. If so, remove and recheck.

woodchip 09:06 12 Sep 06

HEAT. check you temps in the BIOS under Health. But when playing games this taxes you computer to the limit. So you may be better trying to get a Better CPU cooler

Ahiru 09:15 12 Sep 06

I know that it isn't the drivers. I haven't really installed any new software other than nfsu2, but I've played that countless times on my computer.

My little brother uses the same graphics card and he had to return it at one point because the fan on it wasn't working, that thought crossed my mind. I don't know if it's a problem with the cpu fan or anything, I have 5 fans going in my case.

woodchip 09:28 12 Sep 06

Check them all

Ahiru 10:07 12 Sep 06

They're working.

woodchip 10:53 12 Sep 06

Are they all clean? are the heatsinks fins blocked

Ahiru 11:02 12 Sep 06

it's clean

woodchip 11:02 12 Sep 06

How old the Computer? the PSU may be deteriorating

Ahiru 11:11 12 Sep 06

I bought all the parts in february. some of them are still under warrenty but the guy said to make sure I know what part is wrong first.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5