computer starts late....plz help

7 23:41 21 Aug 03

when ever i start my computer it takes lots of time to start....i think i have downloaded many programmes in my start up but i don't know how to remove them from my startup so that they don't load up everytime i open my system.

jazzypop 23:47 21 Aug 03

Try this - click here

Stuartli 00:50 22 Aug 03

Start>(type) misconfig>Startup tab>Advanced and then disable programs, utilities etc you don't wish to boot up on Start Up from the list by unchecking the boxes.

Note that LoadPowerProfile should be enabled twice. You will normally have to restart your computer to implement the changes.

Stuartli 00:55 22 Aug 03

That should be Start>Run> then type misconfig...

smegs 00:59 22 Aug 03

Don't mean to B rude, but has Ur other problem been sorted out? if so, can U tick "Post Resovled" Button. People try & help U, & U don't give much feed back to them. It would B nice 4 a ThankU. 01:51 22 Aug 03

totally agree. Not another WF pseudo is it? They have this habit y'know.

7 11:22 23 Aug 03

my problem is not yet resolved......i am anot able to run misconfig as i was told in earlier threads.....

jazzypop 12:01 23 Aug 03

And you can't install the program I linked to above in my first reply?

hugh-265156 12:27 23 Aug 03

the above is spelt msconfig (no "i")

is this xp? try this too click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…