computer starts as far as set up screen hangs

dog-of-war 22:03 05 Aug 07

relatives computer used to work ok now when switched on nothing happens. gigabyte motherboard video/sound on board. fitted old graphic card i had lying around ,it nows starts tells me processer and memory that is installed then hangs at setup entry screen .keyboards+ has no effect .is this a bad motherboard problem,cmos battery ,hardrive or corrupted bios or what .note not very computer savvy so go easy on me.

ambra4 01:25 06 Aug 07

If PC have a build in graphic card you have to disable it in the bios plus chance the setting from PCI to AGP if your (old graphic card i had lying around)is a AGP card if a PCI card do not change

You sure(old graphic card i had lying around)good

dog-of-war 19:28 08 Aug 07

it hangs when it gets the bios entry screen the stated f1 entry key when pressed will not enter the bios screen .have tried a number of keyboards with the old ps/s (i think you call it) connector, keyboards work fine on my machine, .thank for the info on the pci/agp bios thing.

James1947 19:35 08 Aug 07

Try the F2 or DEL key to enter BIOS setup

dog-of-war 19:44 10 Aug 07

james1947 i tried those keys too even though the onscreen message stated f1. think i will blame the motherboard right or wrong .try and get another if that is not problem . i will have the beginnings of another computer to build

ambra4 21:31 10 Aug 07

have you removed the graphic card and see if pc would work

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…