computer stall

kg0309 09:43 07 Sep 05

During the storm last Thurs my modem went (yes I know a surg protector would have saved it but as it had saved my modem in a previous storm and blown I just never got round to getting a new one). Anyway my problem, I bought a new modem which I installed last night but I had to put it on the next slot as the plug thing was longer than the slot my old modem was in, I took the old one out. I also gave it a bit of a clean inside as it was orrid. Anyway, put it all back together, switched on and got the message Checking NVram and there it sits. What have I done, can I fix it any help welcome.
Karen

johnnyrocker 10:30 07 Sep 05

what type of machine, what type of slot have you put it in? could the plug thingy be transferred to new modem so it could sit in it's proper place?

johnny.

Stuartli 11:31 07 Sep 05

Perhaps the storm did other damage as well.

Was your original modem rather small and virtually square shaped?

It could have been an AMR modem.

kg0309 13:59 07 Sep 05

Yes it was smaller it had 2 plug in things one about 1/2 an inch and other about an inch the board was smaller too. As the slot next to it
had a same size plug as the new modem I used that one. thanks Karen
>>

johnnyrocker 14:26 07 Sep 05

do the cables/plugs on new modem match exactly?

johnny.

kg0309 14:39 07 Sep 05

No, it had no cables and the bit that plugs in to the plasic slots was a longer plug that's why I used the next plug as the plastiuc slots there matched the new modem

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…