Computer to speaker amp

GuZ><0r 18:34 09 Jan 06

I am wanting a amp that will connect my computer to normal hi-fi speakers. Does anyone know of any that are good and will handle alot of bass.

Thanks

ICF 18:44 09 Jan 06
  GuZ><0r 19:06 09 Jan 06

O forgot to say. It needs to connect via AUX and if possible I would llike to spend up to £200 but can go over if I really need to.

DieSse 19:30 09 Jan 06

Look through their clearance bargains - example click here

has the aux input sockets you need.

I'm intrigued that you have *normal hi-fi speakers* but no amp? Any amp with an auxiliary or similar (not record deck) input will do.

DieSse 19:31 09 Jan 06

Loads of cheaper amps too click here

GuZ><0r 19:35 09 Jan 06

Thanks for the answers. I am currently running a normal hi-fi connected to my computer with some old KEF speakers I was given. But my current system I don't think is powerful enough to run the speakers well. But I am not sure how powerful they are. Thanks

GuZ><0r 19:38 09 Jan 06

Forgot to say the current hi-fi outputs 120W each main speakers and there are two.

DieSse 19:49 09 Jan 06

120W RMS is plenty unless the speakers are very inefficient (which many older speakers are - not so sure theses days, my hi-fi *nut* days are over!).

Perhaps the solution for you lies with speakers, rather than amplifiers?

GuZ><0r 17:23 20 Jan 06

I am bringing this up again, as I have just played some extremely bassy music and my CD player is over heating and smells likes its burning. Also my other speakers that did not come the system are fine and I m sure they can take alot more tahn my CD player can offer. Does anybody know of any very good amps that can handle alot of bass.

Thanks

DieSse 19:33 20 Jan 06

*my CD player is over heating and smells likes its burning*

Can you describe what units you have - it's unclear to me how a CD player can complain about *a lot of bass*. So what units have you got exactly?

DieSse 19:35 20 Jan 06

*But I am not sure how powerful they are.*

How powerful what are? - If you mean speakers, they are rated in how much power you can feed into them (ie how much they can handle) - not how *loud* or how *powerful* they are in themselves.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…