Computer in Spanish

Kypros 17:53 06 Feb 04

Please can anyone say how i make all my computer read in Spanish including Windows Help files?

anchor 18:10 06 Feb 04

I am sure that some of our members in Spain will be able to comment further.

However, I would imagine that you would need to install a Spanish version of Windows to make "all your computer read in Spanish".

reaths 18:25 06 Feb 04

when you install win98 O/S the keyboard defaults to usa and you have to use the disk to set it to U.K. i would have thought the language could be set using the same method.

Diodorus Siculus 18:36 06 Feb 04

As anchor says, you will need to install a Spanish version of Windows.

Kypros 21:03 06 Feb 04

Thank you. It is what I feared. I assume then that there is no easy solution for a Spanish and English family sharing the same computer. (English husband, Spanish wife and bi-lingual children)

Diodorus Siculus 21:06 06 Feb 04

Well, get a Spanish copy of an OS and dual boot with it.

Kypros 21:11 06 Feb 04

Please could you explain to a poor ignorant non technical computer owner what is "dual boot"....not that I havn't thought of giving it a couple of kicks already.

gold 47 21:22 06 Feb 04

Dual boot is you partition your hard drive say in two halfs IE if you have say 80gb drive you create two by forty and so on and load two OS on it.
You can download partition software from your HD website as a rule you can also buy partition magic from your computer store not cheap though.

Kypros 21:29 06 Feb 04

Many thanks. It amazes us how people can do these things. Our Hard Drive is very small and four years old so we would need a new one. Plus no one here has a clue, so it would probably be better in the long run to get another computer.

Diodorus Siculus 21:35 06 Feb 04

What are the processor speeds and hard disk size of the PC? If 4 years old, there could well be life in it yet.

Kypros 00:28 07 Feb 04

Still up?
Thank you for your continued interest and help.
It is a Windows 98 computer with a 500 megaherz processor and a 15 gb hard disk drive. I will never convince the Spanish lady to allow money to be spent on expensive software...we havn't even agreed to spend on anti virus updates. I can understand her cynicism as she cannot understand any of the technical terms in English even though she is the one with the scientific brain. Plus her children are beginning to understand the computer better (from school) and continually alter settings, etc. Which is all very sad because the main reason for having the computer was to keep in touch with her relatives in Spain.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…