computer slow to communicate with printer??????

pcgal 15:55 19 Sep 04

Hi,

I'm on winxp with a new epson rx500.

Everything works fine except for a 50 second delay after clicking print.

Is there any setting I can tweak to speed up communication between computer and printer.

Thanks

stalion 16:14 19 Sep 04

how is your printer connected to your computer?

pcgal 16:21 19 Sep 04

sorry USB

stalion 16:42 19 Sep 04

is that direct to pc or through a hub?

Gongoozler 17:37 19 Sep 04

Tell us more about the computer, such as processor speed and how much memory it has. Also is this delay on all documents or just large ones?

pcgal 19:34 19 Sep 04

the computer is standalone with printer.........the printer plugs directly into computer USB port.

Its a duron 1300 with 256mb of pc133 ram and its taking 50seconds for any document to reach the printer large or small.

Printing a test page also has this delay problem.

The old printer was an Epson c43 and was also connected by USB cable and was instant in its printing.
I un-installed the c43 drivers before installing this rx500.........any ideas please?

Gongoozler 08:18 20 Sep 04

The only setting I can think of that could affect the delay before printing is Control Panel - Printers and Faxes - "your printer" - Advanced. Now experiment with "Spool print documents so program finishes printing faster" together with "Start printing immediately" or "Print directly to printer". Mine uses the former combination and starts printing within a few seconds for most documents, but takes quite a long time for large pictures.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…