computer shutting down randomly and repeatedly

Deejay Satan 20:41 07 Feb 05

my computer has been shutting down at random and once it has started is unable to successfully boot up after, it is possible to access the desktop for a limited time and i have managed to run defragmenter but if it shuts down it cannot start up properly again until it has been switched off

stalion 20:42 07 Feb 05

boot in safe mode and scan with thisclick here

Storik 21:02 07 Feb 05

Just a random thought. Is there a way of checking your CPU temperature? Could be it is overheating and a protection facility is coming into play?

Might be an idea to check your heatsink and fan for accumulated dust etc. or even replace them if necessary.

Storik

*Silver*Hawk* 21:12 07 Feb 05

when my computer randomly restarted it was as Storik says the cpu overheating. I got a hoover and hoovered up the dust that had caught up beneath the cpu fan and between the heatsink. Used to run at about 69 or 70 when it restarts but now it doesnt go above 46.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…