computer shutdown

jayboy 00:45 22 Apr 06

im having a problem my pc takes ages shutting down or restarting its only happend recently can any one please help me?

ICF 06:49 22 Apr 06

Have you performed virus and spyware checks?
Download update and run this click here
and this click here

ICF 06:50 22 Apr 06

Have you defragged your hard drive?

Eric half-a-bee 09:02 22 Apr 06

Check your start-up routine. Start-Run and type msconfig - if you Google on the entries you can determine if you need them running.

Also if you're not connected to network you can speed up start-up by stopping your pc looking for other computers. Right-clik on My Computer, Manage, Services & Applications, Services - scroll to the bottom of the list and find Workstation. Right-click, Properties, set to Disabled and click OK.

To allow Windows XP to close non-responsive applications automatically upon shutdown:

REGEDIT and navigate to 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop'
Highlight the value 'AutoEndTasks.' Change the value to '1

Reduce the amount of time Windows will take to kill open applications on shutdown.

REGEDIT
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\
Highlight the 'WaitToKillAppTimeout' Set value to '1000' (from 20000).
Highlight the 'HungAppTimeout' value Set it to '1000'

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop
Highlight the 'WaitToKillAppTimeout' value. Set it to '1000' (the default should be 20000).
Highlight the 'HungAppTimeout' value. Set it to '1000' also.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\ControlHighlight the value 'WaitToKillServiceTimeout' Change this value to '1000.'

Methedrine 11:14 22 Apr 06

^

WXMAN 16:40 22 Apr 06

Try, regedit\hotkey localmachine\system\current control set\control\session manager\memory management\CLEAR PAGE FILE at SHUTDOWN SET VALUE TO 0. IT WORKED FOR ME ,look in RAMESH'S SITE.
GLYN

WXMAN 16:41 22 Apr 06

Try, regedit\hotkey localmachine\system\current control set\control\session manager\memory management\CLEAR PAGE FILE at SHUTDOWN SET VALUE TO 0. IT WORKED FOR ME ,look in RAMESH'S SITE.
GLYN

WXMAN 16:41 22 Apr 06

GLYN

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…