computer seems extremely slow

i have two computers. my old computer which is running windows xp pro and the old pentium 4 processor and just 512mb ram when connected to the internet via broadband is a lot quicker that my brand new acer running windows vista with 4gb of ram and a centrino duo processor. it is very frustrationg and confusing.

it says i have 104 processess running. yet my xp pro pc only has 45 processes running.... what do i need to do to cut the amount of processes running?

birdface 21:09 24 Aug 09

Not any help to you I use XP so not sure what runs in Vista.It is a bad way to start with a new computer getting rid of programs installed that you will never use.
You really need someone that uses Vista to help you out.
Like you I have no more than 45 processes running in task manager.
If a new computer all you need to do is go into msconfig and see all of the start up programs, You could probably remove 70% of them.But what ones I know not.I would still do a defrag as you probably had to download all of the Microsoft updates.

anyone out there who can help me?

provider 2 16:18 25 Aug 09

There`s a prog called PC Decrapifier that was developed for ridding new machines of unwanted trial versions and other junk.

Here`s the site (YorkSpace) where you can read about it and see some users` comments, and follow the links if you want to download and use it:

click here

(Free, but commercial users submit at donation).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…