computer says nought

cuzy1 14:30 09 Mar 09

Hi
Can anyone answer this.Ive got quite a old computer, i have had no problem with it, up to now. Basically i went on it a week ago. When i went on programs, the cursor started flickering and sounds from the speakers.Now it did this when i went on the internet, also when i clicked on address bars i would get 00000000 come up and i can't get rid of it. I have got windows xp pro. I tried windows restore but that has made no differnet. Is the computer on its way out. I can't install anythink because everytime i click on a window i get the noughts. Can anybody give me a idea please.

Jak_1 14:37 09 Mar 09

Have you done avirus scan and a malware scan yet?

daxian 15:08 09 Mar 09

hi cuzy 1...
check your keyboard for sticking keys ..zero or o
most likely to be this ...Dave

cuzy1 17:50 09 Mar 09

Yes i've done all that. still no joy?.Say like i go on IE when i click the window all it comes up with is all noughts, and the speakers starts going mad

Pineman100 17:54 09 Mar 09

You say you've checked your keyboard for sticking keys, but have you tried a different keyboard on the machine, just to be sure? Ditto a different mouse.

cuzy1 18:05 09 Mar 09

Yes i've tried it, and it seem to have worked Thanks to all. The pints are on me what you all having

daxian 23:34 09 Mar 09

hi cuzy1....
all we ask is you tick it as resolved ...that makes us happy ...and knowing we helped !!!! Dave

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…