COMPUTER SALE

donatello 12:58 13 Nov 05

I have 3 computers at home all with win xp from the same disk source. All i need to know is if i sell or give one away does it have to have another copy of xp loaded onto it.

Sharpamatt 13:01 13 Nov 05

As far as I am aware unless you have a multi licence then each system requires its own licence and relevant disc

Forum Editor 13:04 13 Nov 05

the Microsoft licensing terms and conditions by installing Win XP on more than one computer. Your license is for an installation on one machine only, and you certainly must not sell a machine with an illegal installation on it.

You may sell or give away a computer with the operating system installed - provided you transfer the license document/sticker with it. Otherwise you must format the hard drive before the sale. To remain legal you should remove Win XP from two of your computers.

donatello 13:08 13 Nov 05

Thanks for your advise will format drives of two computers as i no longer use them,and need to free up some space.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…