Computer running very very slowly

Dyffryn 16:48 19 Apr 04

Hi lads I’m here again – my computer (2.2 Celeron 512mb RAM) is for some reason gasping for breath in fact it’s nearly as bad as me on these Welsh mountains. On doing a windoctor check with Norton it shows the following file as missing: C:\program files\common files\installshield\professional\runtime\0701\intel32\dotnetinstaller.exe Cannot access a necessary file “mscoree.dll. Would this missing file cause my machine to run so slowly? If so how do I get it back? Once again your professional help will be appreciated

the kopite 16:51 19 Apr 04

What os are you using ?

rawprawn 17:07 19 Apr 04

If you are using XP or ME try a system file check put your OS CD in and the press exit go to your command prompt and type sfc /scannow that should sort out any damaged or missing files. If you are running XP using service pack 1, you may need to do the same thing using your SP1 disc

rawprawn 17:10 19 Apr 04

PS. If it is just the dll file that is missing click here and download it.

canard 22:33 19 Apr 04

Dyffryn Crawnon?

GaT7 16:32 22 Apr 04

Has it always been like this or have you recently installed/uninstalled something?

rawprawn 17:37 22 Apr 04

Hello are you still there ?

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:49 22 Apr 04

NEwDotnet is a bit of a pain. Do not delete the DLL, as it tampers with the default Winsock settings and manual removal will damage your Internet access capability. I think that NDN has tried to be uninstalled but it has ripped out a dll or two. click here and run LSP fix.

G

Nellie2 18:11 22 Apr 04

Do NOT use lspfix to clear newdotnet (Sorry Gandalf!!) The only way to deal with it is to uninstall it or to follow the instructions kindly provided by newdotnet themselves click here Running LSPfix for Newdotnet will mess with your winsock too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…