computer restore

hi, i cannot restore my computer to an earlier time, i am actually on VGA mode now with large lettering and icons, appreciate any help please.

lotvic 13:56 05 Dec 08

We need more detail than you have given.

1. What make/model computer?
2. What is the Operating System (XP Home, XP Pro, or what)?
3. What have you done so far and what else, apart from the display, was/is wrong that you want to restore to earlier time?
4. Do you have a CD with the O/S (operating system) on?
5. Do you have the motherboard drivers?
6. Is the video/graphics onboard (built into your motherboard) or on a separate card plugged into the motherboard?

it is a packard bell xp home, had it working yesterday restored it to a different time, got no sound, upgraded my ram i now have 768MB, tried device manager etc its over my head.

i had to restore it to an earlier time because i had no sound,plus i have got a new windows vista, but it says i need a device driver? i have more problems now because i am stuck in VGA mode

i would like to post later, typical got to dash out so sorry.

Terry Brown 14:34 05 Dec 08

Try starting in Safe Mode (Normally keep clicking F5 on boot), select 'Last good Configeration'.
This should fix it.
Terry

terry tried' Last good Configeration's, tried a lot of things, i keep getting a blue background then my monitor switches off then comes back on again? still stuck in VGA mode.

sorry for the late post but i have just got in

Terminus90 19:31 05 Dec 08

have you tried booting into safe mode by pressing F8 at startup, then restore

Terminus90 19:32 05 Dec 08

sorry press F8 and choose safe mode from the menu

woodchip 19:40 05 Dec 08

Sounds like Video and Sound Drivers need reloading

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…