Computer restarts when i boot in safe mode

darrenrichie 14:44 07 Aug 04

When i try to start my computer in safe mode (by pressing f8 and selecting safe mode) it gets to the log on screen then just restarts. It starts up in normal mode but not in safe mode. Any one got any ideas.

Cheers :)

stalion 15:27 07 Aug 04

operating system please

livewire 15:28 07 Aug 04

I would assume this is cuased by a fualty driver which is failing to run in Safe mode. However, to further diagnose this problem we really need more information about your computer.

darrenrichie 15:32 07 Aug 04

sorry. I am running xp home on a dell dimension 2400.

livewire 15:42 07 Aug 04

I wonder if at the time of starting in safe mode an error event was written to the event log:

Start menu, select Settings, then Control Panel. Double-click Administrative Tools, and then select Event Viewer, under the system tab is anything displayed relating to a bad driver?

Also, much time do you allow Windows to boot into safe mode? In my expierence you sometimes have to leave the system for a good dealt of time to boot into safe mode.

darrenrichie 20:23 07 Aug 04

When i checked the system log, there is a DCOM 10005 error saying:

DCOM got error "This service cannot be started in Safe Mode " attempting to start the service netman with arguments "" in order to run the server:
{BA126AE5-2166-11D1-B1D0-00805FC1270E}

There are 4 of these together. I clicked on the link it gives:

click here.

but it doesn't do anything. I don't have the registry entry it relates to (HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Service Name).
I can get as far as Services but no Service Name is present.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…