//some 3rd party need geo

Computer restarts

Ronjo 15:03 15 Feb 03

I have a fairly new AMD 1900 using XP professional. This morning trying to use the machine I found that it constantly restarted on it's own at about 2 minute intervals. Does anyone have any ideas please.
Thanks
Ronjo

professor 15:18 15 Feb 03

double-check all of your internal settings ie.RAM configuration CPU settings and any related jumper settings along with the voltage supply to your CPU - try changing your CPU setting from auto-detect to manual recognition and vice versa.

check all your drivers too make shure youve got all the latest releases. If its none of the above the only other things i can think of are:XP some how installed wrongly, there is a pice of hardware either XP or your BIOS doesnt like or at the most extream your BIOS has gone wrong some how.

prof

tedduck 15:18 15 Feb 03

Try setting the bios to default.

tedduck 15:21 15 Feb 03

Only last week I had the same problem, I had installed new memory. As soon as XP loaded it shut down, had to get some different memory.

Djohn 15:24 15 Feb 03

click here Found this, may help! J.

Ronjo 12:11 16 Feb 03

Thanks to all, have now sorted the prob. A trojan horse had somehow got past the virus checker and, after running the checker, this appears to have cured the prob. For information, the file affected was- Rabid blaster\rb 32 exe (whatever that is, any ideas anyone)

poodz 15:46 10 Mar 03

For no apparent reason the monitor screen goes blank and the computer restarts. This may happen after 10 minutes or 4hrs and does not seem related to any action. i have reformatted the hard drive and reinstalled winxp & no change. any suggestions. Grev.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…