Computer restarting

tarmac 17:41 20 Apr 07

Hi,

I currently have a Windows XP, and I have been encountering a problem with it for the last few months. Everytime I play a game on it, no matter what it is, the computer restarts. The time it takes for the computer to restart is about 30mins, then when the computer is back on, an error box comes up saying there has been a serious error.

Could anyone please help me with how I can stop the computer from restarting.

bof:) 18:00 20 Apr 07

Hi it could be your CPU overheating. Can you hear your fans running inside your pc tower?

If possible unplug pc, take side off tower and check that the fan/s are clear of dust.

Do you only get this problem when game playing?

Mike

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:43 20 Apr 07

Auto-reboot disable:
When Running windows and it crashes you will get a blue screen and it will automatically restart, often it will restart too fast for you to see the error message.
To disable auto restart on system failure, so you can see the error message.

1. Go to Start -> Control Panel -> System (Windows+Pause works, too)
2. Go to Advanced
3. Under the Startup and Recovery section, click Settings...
4. Under System Failure un-check "Automatically restart"

tarmac 14:14 21 Apr 07

Thx for your responses.

Firstly to Fruit Bat. I have done what you said and I read the error message.

Secondly, to bof. My computer used to resart when I was watching films and writing out document on Word. It gets really annoying sometimes.

You said it was dust in the tower. Once I clean it out, is there any way of keeping the dust out, or do I have to keep cleaning it out?

Tarmac

bof:) 22:26 24 Apr 07

Hi tarmac, what did the error message say exactly when appeared on your pc?

As Fruit Bat /\0/\ said we need the message so you can be helped further.

Unfortunatly I think its a case of just opening the casing everynow and then and cleaning the dust out.

Is your pc still restarting now you have cleaned the dust out? Is the fan working properly?

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017