Computer Resets itself.

X™ 18:57 09 Sep 06

Hi, I have searched, found nothing of value. My sister is on the PC, and it reset itself while playing the Sims 2. Then again when she "had just finished building a house and was about to live in, that took me ages!" LOL! Anyway, I don't know why. Possibly a heat problem? As we are decorating, there is dust, I have an exaust type of fan set up (one at frount sucking, one at back blowing). So, maybe the heatsink is dusty, the fan should be fine, the Mobo, CPU, RAM and heatsink & CPU fan, are quite new, so they should be fine. I hace kept it cool (I seem to be the only one that cares about cleaning the PC, in my family). Please note, it's not restarting, it's resetting, as if someone pushed the reset button. Thank you guys!

Gongoozler 19:53 09 Sep 06

I don't think this is a heat problem. I think it's more likely to be connected with memory. Right-click "My Computer" select "Properties", click on the "Advanced" tab and look for "Startup and recovery" - click on settings there. Find "Automatically
restart" and turn that off. The next time the computer encounters an error, you should get a message instead of an automatic restart.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5