Computer Repaired

graham12 09:22 15 May 05

A few weeks ago I mentioned that I had purchased a new computer only to find that there was no sound working.

Well the computer went back for repair and received it back yesterday Saturday 14th May, the fault was as follows

OSUND Headers Disconnected from Motherboard

anyway they refitted connector and then stress tested it.

Well you can guess what happened there is no sound yet again

Well I have checked everything to do with sound on this computer and everything seems to be working as far as I can make out and nothing is muted is there anything else that I should be looking for

1 more thing would I be within my rights to demand a new system or would I have to let them repair it yet again

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I brought this computer from the computer shop or tiny computers

Your last sentence says it all!! I had a similar problem as this and it turned out to be a faulty soundcard.

Joe R 10:18 15 May 05
  graham12 10:19 15 May 05

how where you able to resolve this problem did you have to buy a new sound card or did the shop sort it for you.

Is there a way to check if you have a faulty sound card

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:03 15 May 05

Sound setup
click here

Stuartli 13:31 15 May 05

Your computer should be restored to its "as new" condition under the warranty - you shouldn't have to pay for this work at all.

The only instance that you would is if your system uses onboard sound and you decide to buy a separate sound card.

graham12 13:35 15 May 05

Have sent an email to Daniel Warren at Granville technologys and hopefully will get a reply tomorrow even though I shall be on the phone also.

Have checked all the sound files and everything seems to be in order as far as I know

Thanks fruit bat but that was the first thing I did once I found out that the sound was not working

Stuartli 13:36 15 May 05

.. "the only instance" is that you would have to pay for a separate sound card as it was not a feature of the original specification.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…