computer refuses to start instantly

luqman 13:01 07 Oct 05

hi,
I have a problem here...
my pc sometimes fails to start instantly when I plug in to the power supply...
so I have to wait some minutes before turning it on again...n then it runs..
Can I know what is the problem? can my pc starts faster... so that I don't have to wait for it...

Stuartli 13:29 07 Oct 05

Your system should really remain connected to the mains supply and switched on and off from the case's power button.

The only real reason for disconnecting your system from the mains would be to transport it somewhere else or, for instance, in the event of thunderstorms in the vicinity.

No computer will start instantly - it has to bootup properly first.

luqman 14:28 07 Oct 05

I usually disconnect my pc from the main supply to save power as I use optical mouse...
what I really mean is that the booting sometimes refuses after I reconnect main supply...
I'm thinking that I've bought the wrong pc power supply.. can it be?
the power supply is for p4... 320watt..

Stuartli 15:35 07 Oct 05

What level of power do you believe you will save disconnecting from the mains supply because you have an optical mouse?

Your PSU is average wattage but, unless you have an nVidia GeForce FX card of some sort, will be more than adequate for most purposes.

In any case its the quality of the PSU's watts available rather than the quantity that's important.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…