COMPUTER RECOVERY PROBLEM

novis 14:23 04 Apr 10

I am trying to restore my computer's software on a Toshiba Equuim laptop. However the recovery disk doesn't install automatically. How do I get it to run?

Do you mean all the Toshiba software that came with it. If you do go to Toshiba, Support, Drivers, Select your model. Select OS as Vista (Vista stuff works fine under 7). From there you can download all the programs.

Cheers

chub_tor 14:41 04 Apr 10

Try this To run a Factory Defaut reset or a System Recovery you can Follow these steps.

If you have the recovery disc .

1) While the system is on, Insert DISK #1 ( That is if you have 2 disc )

2) Once disc is inserted SHUTDOWN the SYSTEM

3) Once you turn on the system you may Tap the letter "C" Continiously or you can boot to the BOOT MENU by tapping "F12"

( If you choose to Tap "C" then system should be automatically booting on the disc, If you tap F12 look for the option that says " CD/DVD" highlight it an press ENTER. then system will be booting on the disc saying " LOADING FILES "

4) Once recovery has started always choose the First Option that will popup.

Recovery will run for about 30 - 45 mins. basically doing the recovery is just like following a set of instruction, as long as you dont press cancel or no it will continously load windows on your system. You just need to follow the prompt.
from the Toshiba site.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:47 04 Apr 10

Put disc in drive reboot laptop immediately press F12 for boot menu select DVD drive. should then boot into menu for recovery.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5