Computer reboots when starting to play a DVD film

Giggle n' Bits 00:39 16 Aug 04

This is a new one on me, collegues pc from work has comptuer, it reboots/restarts itself when you put a DVD in the drive and it goes to play. using Cyberlink Power DVD. It also seems to do it when not going to play a DVD but intermitantly

The HDD is close to 120GB, AMD Athlon XP2700, 2x PC2700 DDR 333MHz, DVD Drive, CD Wtrt, Power DVD, Nero v6, WinXP Home with All updates & patches, Dirextx9b, Motherboard is a FIC with AM39L printed on board (Its a TIME) the Windows crashed and was not revoerable and out of warranty. New Install of XP on but problems still. All driver on and chipset. Onboard Graphics is set at 64MB taken from 512MB And I the Graphcs is VIA/S3G KM400. Power supply is 250Watt output

All I can think of is either faulty Motherboard or Something related to the power supply. Pesonally I would use a 350watt.

ZEROTOLERANCE 00:51 16 Aug 04

this is a conflict problem, i have the same problem, evrything starts off ok but as soon as plays pressed i get the blue screen of death.

i think you may have to get a patch from powerdvd or the like.

i gave up and bought nero instead, but that doesnt help you, but at least you know its not your mates puter.

ZT

Giggle n' Bits 01:09 16 Aug 04

But The same power DVD 4XP hasn't given me any problems on my own machines. Unles you mean its a conflict with say the onboard graphics and power DVD ?

Think I will uninstall power DVD and use WinDVD

ZEROTOLERANCE 01:12 16 Aug 04

yes, i think thats the case, as ive used it on my laptop which is fine, if i remember its either a VIAchipset or ASUSboard conflict

Giggle n' Bits 10:14 16 Aug 04

I took of power DVD and put on Intervideo WinDVD 2.1 and problem solved. But will try and get the Power DVD update as personal preference is Power DVD.

Thanks for your input to my posting.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…