Computer reboots automatically from switch-on

Jus Zim 11:57 21 Sep 03

I'm running Windows 2000 and when I startup the computer from cold, after a couple of minutes the system will reboot as if there's some sort of failure. A blue screen appears where the memory dump will begin with the following: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. Because I had upgraded my computer I installed all of the drivers myself, but I can't find the source of failure.

VoG II 14:11 21 Sep 03
  JIM 15:00 21 Sep 03

Following up after VoG and if you upgraded to Windows 2000 you may be running Easy CD Creator version 3.5b or earlier and Direct CD version 3.0 or earlier which are not compatible with Windows 2000. This can occur.If it applies,

You can use this method if you start your computer in Safe mode.

Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.

Double-click System, click the Hardware tab, and then click Device Manager.

On the View menu, click Show hidden devices.

Double-click Non-Plug and Play Drivers, right-click CDR4VSD, and then click Properties.

Click the Driver tab, click Stop, click Disabled, and then click OK.

Repeat steps 4 and 5 with the CDRPWD and CDUDF items.

click here;en-us;237468

VoG II 17:09 21 Sep 03

By e-mail

Thanks for reply mate, I looked at the microsoft list and thought that it may be the modem that I'm currently using. You see I installed the operating system, Windows 2000, myself from scratch after formatting the hard drive, and then one by one installed each of the drivers for the motherboard, graphics etc. But I've got a cable modem from NTL and it's hooked up via USB, it wasn't digitally signed, but in the booklet given by NTL they say that it has been tested so I didn't think that would cause a problem. Could it be any other software that I've installed such as antivirus, or will it be a driver in the list accessible from Device Manager?

============================

As far as I am aware the error message is specific for drivers, not anti-virus etc.

I've heard of problems with ntl modems connected via usb, even from their technical help. Try re-installing using rj45?
Just a thought J

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…