Computer re-boots on it's own ?

RDG 18:52 24 Mar 03

My computer has started to re-boot on it's own during the evening on most days now for no apparent reason.

Event viewer says "Computer has rebooted from a bug check" but no further advice on this is available from Microsoft.

Anyone got any ideas please ?

Thanks - RDG.

powerless 18:56 24 Mar 03

Operating system.

powerless 18:56 24 Mar 03

What is your operating system?

RDG 18:59 24 Mar 03

Sorry, Running Win XP Pro

RDG

powerless 19:08 24 Mar 03

Does the log have a link in it? Click it if it does...There maybe a possible fix.

RDG 19:15 24 Mar 03

The Link goes to Microsoft which tells me there is no info available for this problem. It is very odd as I have actually been in the room when it happens and the machine just goes into a reboot. No power blips etc so at a lost to know what is happening.

PSF 19:30 24 Mar 03

Have a read of this click here

RDG 19:56 24 Mar 03

PSF

Thanks for this although I see no logical thread in all the replies other than XP. No major changes have taken place on my machine and this problem only started a month or so ago. At first it was once a week then couple of times and now almost daily and always in the evening. Machine may have been on all day or only switched on at 1800.
I think I will monitor the mains voltage and see how stable this is as I live out in the country.
Any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks RDG.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…