Computer randonly freezes

noiro 19:17 31 Dec 05

I have spent a good portion of the day working on my dad's computer with no sucess. The PC will randomly freeze sometimes 5 minutes after turning it on, sometimes 2 hours after turning it on, however once it freezes the first time, it keeps freezing up. By freeze, I mean the mouse will not move nor any of the keys work, however after a couple minutes it will start functioning again only to freeze again within a few minutes.
His system is as follows:
AsRock PE PRO HT motherboard.
512 meg RAM
Ti4200 video card
Western Digital 30 gig drive
48x CD Rom

Today I replaced the memory, the video card, and the power supply (400 watt). I can't figure out anything else that would cause the random freeze. I defrag his hard drive and have unplugged the CD Rom to ensure that wasn't the issue. I am at the conclustion it can only be the motherboard but am looking for assistance. I am sure most of you are much smarter at this than am I. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks very much

Diodorus Siculus 19:52 31 Dec 05

Did you reinstall the operating system?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…