computer randomly freezes when booting up

oyofeld 00:05 19 Aug 06

hi all, if anyone can shed any light on this i would be most grateful :)

when a switch on my computer theres about a 50/50 chance it will freeze on the first screen of start up. If this happens then it won't start up by the the power button unless i switch it of at the main switch on th back. after doing this it is garuanteed too start when i turn it on but i have no idea why it freezes in the first place.

any ideas??? please help

billyliv 00:35 19 Aug 06

Hi, One suggestion is to check that your CPU fan is not clogged up. Cheers Bill

Terry Brown 07:59 19 Aug 06

It could be the the system is trying to boot too fast, if you have a floppy drive,set this as first boot option, and this should cure it.
Terry

oyofeld 22:55 19 Aug 06

all calling fans are working fine an hard drive is already the first boot option, thanx for trying though, any other ideas???

oyofeld 22:56 19 Aug 06

sorry i meant hard drive is third boot option, lol soz

woodchip 23:02 19 Aug 06

In BIOS you could try turn Plug and Play off, Disable it and let windows Manage Plug and Play. As it looks like you are having problems with driver loading

oyofeld 23:04 19 Aug 06

woodchip
thnx will try this :)

squareye 22:06 20 Aug 06

Has happened to me twice with a failing psu, (not too expensive to replace). I think the first false start gets the drives,fans etc moving and slightly warmed up so not quite so hard for it to kick off the next try.

oyofeld 23:34 23 Aug 06

my computer tottaly failed just after my last message. i decided it must be the motherboard and after replaceing it with a shiny new one the problem its fixed. thanx for your efforts too save me this exspence.
all the best matt

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…