Computer Problems Diagnostics Software?

1936 11:02 26 Jul 06

My computer just shuts down every so often. Sometimes every ten minutes sometimes not for a number of days.
Is there any diognostic software that I can run to determin what the problem is and I don't just mean Spyware Detection software, after al it may not be a virus or spyware.

MAJ 11:21 26 Jul 06

Assuming you're using Windows XP, 1936, right-click on the My Computer icon on your desktop and choose Properties from the menu. Click the Advanced tab, then click the Settings button in the "Startup and Recovery" section. In the "System Failure" section, untick the "Automatically Restart" option, click OK, Apply and OK to exit. Now when your computer encounters the same problem again, rather than shutting down, it will give an error message. Post that error message here.

1936 11:28 26 Jul 06

Many thanks.

1936 12:28 26 Jul 06

It crashed again as I was typing a word document just as I pressed the Enter key and displayed the message, "Out of range" on the screen. A green light was displayed on the tower unit and I waited for something to happen but nothing did so I pressed the start button on the tower unit and it switched the computer off. I then restarted it but there was no Error Message. what am I doing wrong? How do I get the Error mesage?

bretsky 12:40 26 Jul 06

Is this the same problem eh? click here

Sethhaniel 12:42 26 Jul 06

select 'Manage' then 'Event Viewer'

then you have 'Application' & 'System' to look at which may indicate what is causing the problem ;)

1936 13:00 26 Jul 06

Bretsky. Yes it is the same problem

1936 14:24 26 Jul 06

I opened the “My Computer” Icon and clicked onto “Event Folder” looking at the “Application folder where I noted a series of red circles where the computer had crashed
On the line where there was a a red circle with a white cross running from corner to corner there were a series of columns.
Under the column “Source” it stated, “EventSystem”
Under the Category column it stated, “50”
Under the Event column it stated “4609
I opened the “System folder and noted a group of red circles with the white cross running from corner to corner.
Under the “Source” column it stated DCOM
What does that temm me?

recap 14:58 26 Jul 06

1936, when in event viewer, can you double click the event 4609, and post what the description says please?

1936 15:07 26 Jul 06

Event Type: Error
Event Source: EventSystem
Event Category: (50)
Event ID: 4609
Date: 26/07/2006
Time: 12:36:45
User: N/A
Computer: 654FF476EC3543F
Description:
The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal processing. HRESULT was 8007041F from line 44 of d:\qxp_slp\com\com1x\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp. Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at click here.

I have to say that I have been having problems ever since I asked so called computer expert to sort out some problems. I am inclined to copy all my files to DVDs and format the computer and reload all the hardwear discs. What I really mean is find someone who can if thats possible.

Sethhaniel 15:52 26 Jul 06

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…