Computer Problem

littlemisskara 22:50 24 Apr 07

Can anyone give me any advice. For the last few weeks my computer has had regular bouts of shutting down on its own. On occasions when i try to switch it back on it shuts off again and eventually starts up properly on the third or fourth attempt.
I have ran all the necessary virus scans and anti spyware scans and nothing has been detected.
I have heard that laptops can sometimes overheat. My computer is a packard bell laptop and untill a few weeks ago i didnt hve any problems with it.
Can anyone help me.

when it shuts down has it been on a long or short time? I have a toshiba laptop it gets quite hot at times, so what I do is prop up the back of the machine on a book or something similar. The difference in temperature is amazing, try that first. If it work then buy one of these laptop stands.

littlemisskara 00:42 25 Apr 07

Thankyou Handyd I will try that. My computer does get very hot ast times. i have never thought of putting a book underneath it.
You help is very much appreciated.

p;3 06:00 25 Apr 07

one assumes that the batttery is correctly charging?

also my lap top when in use gets parked with its back end perched on a small book or sumunt to allow the air to circulate under it, keeping it cooler

wee eddie 11:18 25 Apr 07

It might be worth-while getting a stiff brush and a can of compressed air to clear it's air ways.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos