Computer power on problem

PeteStarr 17:33 18 Jul 08

Its me again!

in case you can't remember, I recently built my own computer, but had a problem with turning it on. I press the power switch and the computer doesn't come on, but when i wobble it a little it powers on. It then works fine, registers all the hardware and doesn't turn off until i shut down. When i try to turn it on again it does the same thing.

Now your gonna say: thats your power switch on the case not working, or the cables broken. I know its not the power switch because i did the trick where you switch the power and the reset switches, even reconnected the cables. I know the cable works because you have to press the button and then wobble the PC for it to turn on. Also I tried just wobbling the cable on its own and it didn't work. Its not a problem with the pins where the switch cable meets the Mobo, or at least it's none of the problems i've heard of before. All the Led's come on fine as well so I doubt that.

So my question is, what's going on! My main theory is that a hardware or hardware cables are badly connected, but i don't know which one would cause it not to switch on at all, and there's no problems once its on so :P. It could be a PSU problem i suppose but the Mobo LED comes on and again it doesn't switch off once its on. Does anyone have a clue because I don't!

Pamy 17:37 18 Jul 08

try this, next time it does nor come on, tap the power suply case, then see if it comes on. It could be a loose connection there

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…