computer playing up

Rebecca* 23:12 02 Oct 04

Hi,
Just recently every time I restart my computer it duplicates all photos from the my pictures folders and places them on the desk top. I have to delete one at a time or it just keeps duplicating them. Any ideas what the cause is and how to stop it? I ran anti virus and said no infection found, as I thought it could be a virus. Help please as it's really annoying.
Thanks
Rebecca*

stalion 23:16 02 Oct 04

it may still be a virus what did you use to scan try this click it to check all files
click here

Rebecca* 23:19 02 Oct 04

Ive got norton antivirus 2004. Would this find most things? Always kept up to date too.

stalion 23:20 02 Oct 04

scan with the above it is more thorough

Rebecca* 23:23 02 Oct 04

Thanks just downloading it now.

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 23:32 02 Oct 04

hi,i had a similiar problem,everytime i tryed to move a item on the desktop it would dupp it,untill i deleted an image file from the desktop it wouldn't go away.cheers.ben

Rebecca* 23:41 02 Oct 04

stalion does the virus scan delete the problems for you? Says it found 3 viruses so far. How can norton miss them? Is it rubbish?

rockydog 23:45 02 Oct 04

nearly everytime i run a virus check, my computer shuts down & i get the screen. I have tried lots of things, including installing norton system works 05,service pack 2 etc . All my definitions are always up to date,but i am stumped. Any advice would be helpful.
i am running xp pro
1.7 gh
896 mb 0f ram
2 drives c & f= 40gb+180gb

stalion 23:45 02 Oct 04

yes it deletes them for you and rectifies any problems it finds either by deleting or re-naming.
No norton is not rubbish but just not as thorough as the program you are useing which is a specific tool for finding viruses ,trojans etc
Regards

stalion 23:47 02 Oct 04

try running the above scan in safe mode

Rebecca* 23:49 02 Oct 04

Thanks stalion looks like it was just what I needed.At least I'll be virus free and hopefully solve the problem of the reappearing pictures. Just sent the link to my father hope you dont mind. Regards
Rebecca*

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…