computer optimization

gavinhodges00 14:26 27 Jan 09

I know the basic steps to optimize the computer deleting temporary files and cookies . please give me some more steps if anybody knows.

Thanks

oldbeefer2 14:31 27 Jan 09

Probably easiest to run something like CCleaner click here

birdface 18:56 28 Jan 09

Maybe use this one.Winaso Optimizer free.click here It does an automatic back up as well.Plus lots of other features.

Terry Brown 21:27 28 Jan 09

If your computer has a Nvidia graphic card, get the details (try Belarc) click here to get the details and go to the Nvidia site click here and select option 2 (Automaticly find drivers), download and install the motherboard and the the graphic driver, and this will optimise your system.
Terry

isca2 21:32 28 Jan 09

???? You will confuse him .....wrong post !

Terry Brown 12:33 29 Jan 09

iscanut, If gavinhodges00 knows enough to delete temporary files and cookies, he is not a beginner, and he may have deleted 'performance' files in error, which is why I suggested he reload the latest drivers for his machine to restore any files he may have deleted.

As it has been said in the past-- 'A little knowledge can be a dangerous thing'
Terry

gavinhodges00 15:04 29 Jan 09

I did not know about performance file.

isca2 19:10 29 Jan 09

Do you know what they are ? Terry, perhaps you could elaborate ?

Terry Brown 21:39 31 Jan 09

When the machine is running it stores the files it uses in temp locations, which enables the program, when it is run next time to access these files and run better / smoother.
The programs sets up markers to point to these files, and when it cannot find them it has to recreate them, slowing down the system.

Generally temp files that have not been modified for more than 7 days can be safely deleted.
Terry

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…