Computer Not Starting!!!!

Edward-207256 22:24 27 Feb 05

My friend has a computer of the following specification:
Windows ME
128 mb ram
650mhz processor
40 gig hard drive.
His daugter has got a new sony mp3 player and needed to insert a disk to the computer to burn songs from the computer to mp3 player. When she inseted the disk, the computer froze. She removed the disk and turned the computer off by the plug. she turned it back on to find it freezing on the WindowsME loadpage. This comes after the computer checks the memory and processor and other specifications. i was wondering if there was anyway i could access the computer or fix this slight problem, no access can be gained to the computer.
Regards,
Eddy

VoG II 22:27 27 Feb 05

Will it start in Safe Mode click here

If so, try System Restore.

Edward-207256 22:42 27 Feb 05

i see where you are coming from VoG, ill give it a try when i see him tomorrow, any more suggestions are welcome.
regards,
Eddy

Edward-207256 22:35 28 Feb 05

i tried your method VoG but unfortunately it didn't work. It got to the part where it said start in safe mode or normal and all that and when i clicked on safemode it came up with the message: 'Windows could not upgrade the file %1 from %2'. I was wondering what this meant. If you have any thoughts please give me an inscite on what they are
regards, eddy

VoG II 22:44 28 Feb 05
  Edward-207256 22:51 28 Feb 05

tht would be a great help but... i cant access the computer to click the start menu. Any other suggestions??

Edward-207256 22:56 28 Feb 05

Also VoG, i dont have the correct windows ME disks, is there anyway i can obtain them?

stalion 23:05 28 Feb 05

if you have access to another computer you can get them here click here

Edward-207256 00:14 01 Mar 05

thanks stalion, if i download the link for WinME should i just transfer it onto a floppy disk and insert into the broken computer?? is it just like the official boot disks?
Regards, Eddy

stalion 19:53 01 Mar 05

yes go to the site click on the relevant boot disk option and save to floppy.
Regards

Edward-207256 18:44 02 Mar 05

i have just downloaded the relevant boot disk and am going to try it on the PC. I'll keep you posted on the progress
Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017